July 14-July 28, JCPenney Associates at all of its stores are celebrating Spirit Week, an opportunity for associates to renew their warrior spirit and have fun together. During this time, employees are encouraged to do things outside of work that will help them to stay positive during their break. In some stores, it is possible to earn Spirit awards for every dollar spent or volunteer completed in a store.
As a result of the success of Spirit Week this year, JCPenney Associate of the Month is now available to celebrate each individual associate. This month, you can be sure your coworkers, supervisors, and store associates will appreciate your participation and support in the spirit of this great program. There are many ways to earn a Spirit award, but this article will give you five great opportunities to get one for your own business or organization.
* Participate in a special team building event. JCPenney has a wide variety of team building events at each of its stores, and it is a great way to participate in the spirit of the program. Many events include activities such as building sandcastles, painting walls, and creating arts and crafts in various themes. These types of fun activities make the spirit of this program even more fun to participate in, and you might even find yourself working even harder!
* Send a thank you note for an outstanding customer service experience. JCPenney offers plenty of great customer service services, and your associates can take advantage of the opportunity to make a special note to express their appreciation. In addition, each employee who participates in this program has a chance to earn one or more Spirit awards. Some stores will also provide additional items in the form of gift certificates or free gifts to the winners. JCPenney employees love the opportunity to show their gratitude to customers for the kind words and efforts they make to make their business better.
* Give someone a special favor as a reward for their participation in the program. Everyone loves a treat, and JCPenney has several varieties of different products and gift items available to their associates, and customers who are honored to receive a Spirit award. Many stores offer the award as a bonus for those who shop there on a regular basis, while others offer it for those who buy the most.
* Have the gift of the month presented to an individual or group. If you think your JCPenney associate would like to receive a gift as a reward for participating in the program, consider giving it to them as a surprise or for an upcoming store event. Each month, associates are encouraged to send in a picture or video of their own business. The more personal, the better!
* Help your associates win a contest. JCPenney has several contests for its associates that require them to come up with different ideas for things they do, say, or see.
JCPenney Associates of the Month has been an annual tradition at each of its stores since the 1980's, and the spirit of this program to encourage everyone to show up and support one another. If you feel inspired to help, join the fun by participating in Spirit Week.
* Give someone a gift certificate or a small item with their name on it. JCPenney associates love receiving gifts from people in their community who recognize their work and efforts to make their business run smoothly. This is a great way for a JCPenney associate to show their appreciation to customers, family and co-workers. and get a little something nice as a reward for being a good employee.
* Participate in a JCPenney Spirit Awards Program. JCPenney associates are required to . . . . . . fill out a special online form every year to receive their Spirit Award certificate. If you feel inspired to help, participate in the program. The certificate is displayed in the store so that your employees will see how much you care about the people who shop there.
* Tell your customers to stop by a JCPenney store and purchase a gift or participate in a contest if they want to buy something for the group. Your associates will be delighted to know that you care about them and their stores, and they'll tell others about your generosity. JCPenney stores have a wonderful reputation for treating their associates with respect. They love seeing the smiles on the faces of customers and business partners when they enter their stores.